The University of Pune, now known as Savitribai Phule University Pune, has invited candidates for the M.Phil/Ph.D entrance examination for 2017-2018.
The University of Pune offers M.Phil and Ph.D courses in various disciplines. The M.Phil Degree shall have the status of an intermediate degree between the first post-graduate degree and the doctorate degree, while the Ph.D degree is a well known flaunting level of education. It will have both research and course components and will give the student adequate background for advanced research. The M.Phil. Course can be done either on a full-time or on a part-time basis depending upon the availability of the programme in the Department/College.
The exam will be conducted by the SPPU on Sunday, 10th September, 2017.
The SPPU shall offer Ph.D and M.Phil programmes for the following disciplines- Sanskit and Prakrit Languages, Marathi, History, Philosophy, Library and Information Science, Sociology, Women’s Studies, Zoology, Defense & Strategic Studies, Mathematics, Physics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Botany, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Communication Studies, Education & Extension (Regular & Vocational), Physical Education.
The detailed subject notification and the circular information shall be available in day’s time on the official website of the entrance exam.
The eligibility criteria required to appear for the SPPU M.Phil/Ph.D entrance exam 2017 is a valid graduation degree in the concerned discipline with a minimum of 50% marks.
The candidate should pay the application fee which will be different for general category and different for reserved category through either remitting cash (at any branch of HDFC Bank Ltd., or Bank of Maharashtra); or online payment through bank transfer.
- The candidates who select payment mode as Cash, will get 2 options for bank as HDFC Bank or Bank of Maharashtra. Choose any one they wish to pay through and click on “Submit”. After this, the Bank Challan will be get generated, and take a printout of this challan (by clicking link “Print Challan”) and pay cash at any branch of the chosen bank.
- Online Payment: If the candidate select payment mode as Online Payment, click on Submit, they will be directed to University Online Payment Gateway, ten they must proceed with the payment and print the receipt.
The candidates must keep the following documents along with the hard copy of application forms ready while applying for the SPPU M.Phil/ Ph.D Entrance Exam-2017:
- University copy of Bank Challan
- Attested photocopy of marksheet of Master’s Degree
- Attested copy of the cast certificate in case of Reserved categories (if applicable)
- Attested copy of non-creamy layer certificate (if applicable )
- Attested copy of domicile certificate (if you are domicile of Maharashtra)
- Attested copy of medical certificate issued by civil surgeon in case of persons with Disabilities (P.H) ( if applicable)
- Attested copy of certificate issued by concerned authority in case of children of Defence personal / Ex- servicemen.
The candidates are then required to send their application forms to the Registrar of the SPPU who shall forward the same to the concerned departments.
The important dates which are tentative are given below-
Opening of Online Applications- 26th of July, 2017.
Closure of Application Process- Middle of August, 2017.
Commencement of Exam- 10th of September, 2017.
Declaration of Results- Last week of September to First week of October.
Commencement of the Course- October, 2017.
More information will be soon available on our portal once the official link begins to function for the SPPU M.Phil/Ph.D entrance exam-2017.
The link for the above is provided here so that our readers may directly access the portal http://www.app1.unipune.ac.in/phd.