Anna University has declared its admission entrance test for M.Tech, M.E, M. Arch, M. Plan programmes which will be offered in the University Departments, Regional Campuses, Constituent Colleges, Government, Government Aided Engineering Colleges and the seats surrendered by the Self-Financing Engineering Colleges for the year 2017.
The TANCA or Tamil Nadu Common Admissions-2017 notification has been released in all the leading newspapers of the nation and the same has been uploaded on the official website of the Anna University. The courses are offered by 300 institutes across the State of Tamil Nadu.
This article will elaborate on how to gain access to the nation’s most prestigious research oriented and student friendly engineering institutes for Master’s.
Main Features of TANCA 2017
- Admission Name: Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA) 2017
- Entrance Examination: TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) 2017
- Conducting Authority: Anna University
- Courses Offered: Tech
- Number of Participating Institutes: More than 300 Colleges
- Duration of Course: 2 Years
TANCA Important Dates 2017
The important dates of TANCA 2017 are listed below for all the interested aspirants to check. Some dates are tentative and the others are form the official notification of TANCA-2017.
TANCA 2017 Important Dates
|S.No||TANCA 2017 Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Online Registration Starts||24th of July 2017|
|2||End of Online Registrations||06th of August 2017|
|3||Commencement of Exam||August* 2017|
|4||Declaration of Results||September* 2017|
The dates are not accurately mentioned here due to the unavailability of the official notification,we duly apologise to our readers for inconvenience and will update.
TANCA Eligibility Criteria 2017
The eligibility criteria of TANCA-2017 is being given here, the aspirants must make sure to check the same before applying for the exam.
Academic Qualification: The applicant should have completed his/her B.Tech from a recognized institute. Even the applicants with 10+3 years diploma are eligible for admission provided they have the diploma awarded by State Board of Technical Education along with AMIE certificate.
- Marks Required: General category applicants should have secured an aggregate of 50% marks in their qualifying examination whereas reserved category applicants should have scored 45%.
- Domicile: Tamil Nadu applicants will be preference over outsiders.
- Entrance Exam: The applicants should have qualified either TANCET-2017 or GATE-2017. However, GATE applicants who qualified in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (LE) must also qualify TANCET-2017.
- Experience Certificate (if applicable).
TANCA Reservation of Seats 2017
The reservation procedures as formulated by the Government of Tamil Nadu are as follows :
|S.No||Categories||Reservation of Seats|
|3||Backward Class Muslim||3.50%|
|4||Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities||20%|
|6||Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3%|
Further updates regarding the publication of merit lists, conduct of examination, answer keys and cut-offs will be discussed later on.
The candidates may log on to the official link http://www.annauniv.edu/tanca2017.
We request our readers to stay in touch with us for more updates TANCA-2017.